Download SouthWood Vendor List



Is fishing permitted in the lakes or ponds in SouthWood?
Yes, the lakes and ponds are managed by the CDD and are open to the public. Fish at your own risk but please “catch and release.” For more information, visit the CDD website.
Whom do I call regarding street lights that may be out?
Contact the City of Tallahassee Utilities Department at 850-891-5355, or go to to request service.
Whom do I call to report sidewalk problems?
Contact the City of Tallahassee Public Works Department at 850-891-5300, or go to to request service.
What are the regulations regarding golf cart use in SouthWood?
Golf carts may be used on private property and are not permitted on the SouthWood nature trails. According to the Traffic Division of the Tallahassee Police Department, certain golf carts are permitted on select city streets within SouthWood. Click here for Florida Statutes for Golf Carts. Click here for information about SouthWood golf cart use.

SRCA /Community Association Questions

What services does the SRCA provide?
A Residential Community Association is a not-for-profit corporation comprised of all property owners within a common interest area. Some of the things the Community Association is established for are: owning, operating and maintaining the common areas and common amenities, enforcing a common interest set of rules that everyone must follow, working with the board of directors to prepare and maintain an operating budget which is used to determine assessments, and establishing and operating a Design Review Board to provide a common vision of the architectural aesthetic of the community. The SRCA manages the pool and tennis courts and also provides specific exterior townhome maintenance.
What role does St. Joe play in SouthWood?
The St. Joe Company provides real estate development for the SouthWood community. They own and manage Town Center and also serve on the SouthWood Board of directors.
What services does the CDD provide?
The Capital Region Community Development District is a local, special purpose government entity authorized by Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes as amended and created by the Florida Land and Water Adjudacatory Commission as an alternative method of planning, acquiring, operating and maintaining community-wide improvements in planned communities. A CDD provides the "solution" to Florida’s need to provide valuable community infrastructure generated by growth, ultimately without overburdening other governments and their taxpaying residents. The CDD is in charge of all public areas within SouthWood, including parks and alleyways.
How is the SouthWood Residential Community Association governed?
The SouthWood Residential Community Association is governed by a Board of Directors. Currently, there are five members representing the Board: two of whom are “at large” representatives selected by the Owners and three of whom are representatives of the developer. The developer will continue to serve on the board until three months after 90% of the lots or units are occupied by Owners other than builders. Once that 90% is owned by the Owners, the developer will voluntarily relinquish its control on the Board and it will be turned over to the Owners.

Assessment Questions

What do my assessments cover?
The quarterly assessments cover the Community Center, pool, Art of Living Program, common area maintenance and more. A full breakdown of the SRCA budget can be found on Townhome owners pay an additional monthly assessment which covers lawn care, termite treatments, specific exterior maintenance, and reserves.
Can I pay my assessments online?
Yes, you can pay assessments online by going to and following the prompts. Click here for more information on payment options.
Can I set up my assessments to be direct-debit?
Yes, you may contact CCMC at 1-888-257-1388 or click here to download an application.
Can I pay with a credit card over the phone?
Our office cannot accept payments over the phone in any form.

Pool/Community Center Questions

How do I get access to the Pool and Tennis Courts?
If you are a resident of SouthWood, you can register for a SouthWood Photo I.D. Card. You can register for a card at the SouthWood Residential Community Association office. Please bring proof of residency such as a utility or cable bill. If you are a tenant, you will need to bring a copy of your lease. Click here for more information.
How many guests may I bring to the pool?
Each household is entitled to host up to four (4) guests at one time at the pool. Sign your guests in with the pool attendant at the front gate.
At what age may my child go to the pool without an adult?
Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older. Children 15 and older may receive their own pool card.
May I rent the Community Center for a private event?
Yes, you may reserve the room at the Community Center for exclusive use. For more information, visit our amenities page.

ARC/Covenants Questions

Who is responsible for maintenance and/or replacement of trees located in front of my home between the sidewalk and curb commonly referred to as street trees?
Each homeowner is responsible for the trees in front of their homes. If you are not familiar with how to maintain your street tree, please contact the SRCA office or meet with your personal landscape provider. Trees may not be removed unless an application is submitted for review and approval by the Architectural Review Committee.
Where can I find a copy of the SouthWood governing documents?
Click here to access all of SouthWood’s governing documents.
When is the ARC application required and what is the deadline for review and approval?
All exterior changes must be approved by the Architectural Review Committee prior to start of the work. The ARC application must be submitted for things like landscape additions or changes, fence installation, painting, door color changes, parking pad installation, tree or plant removal, satellite dish installation, additions to an existing home, gazebos, pools, decks, patios, trampolines, swing sets, play structures, etc. Click here for more information on the Architectural Review committee or to print an ARC application.